Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

Carmine Beauty Box

Hello There!

I know I am slightly late with a review of the February Carmine box (it being March)! I felt as though I had to as even though the products inside are very good my overall experience hasn't been good.

Let me start with the ordering of the box; I had previously received my first Jolie box and been disappointed as to it's contents so I decided to swap camps and try the Carmine.

After placing my order I received an email stating that my subscription had started and I would receive my first box within  a week (I had decided to start with the February box as I desperately wanted the steam cream). I ordered on the Sunday night and when my box hadn't arrived on Saturday I felt let down as the email clearly stated WITHIN A WEEK!

I emailed customer service (the only means of contact) as on the website it showed that I didn't have a subscription. They explained (two days later- they obviously don't work weekends) that if I was signed in using Facebook it wouldn't show for some reason. This was the case and so when I signed in fully I could see that my box should be coming. It arrived on Monday and being via Royal Mail, I wasn't in so off it went to the depot to wait until Wednesday (the only late opening hours).

At the Post Office depot I was disappointed because my box was ripped. This was a mixture of Royal Mail's fault for rough handling but also the person who had packed my box in it's outer packaging hadn't stuck the clear sticky label that secures the box, on very tight and so it was gaping open and this is where the rip started from. Luckily my inner box wasn't harmed!



I eagerly opened my box- after a gigantic effort (that baby wasn't budging) only to be left feeling disappointed. The reason I had back-ordered a February box was because the steam cream was in February and I have wanted to buy some for a long time but being £10 I didn't want to spend the money on myself- I had bought my mum one as a present which is why I knew how good it would be and I thought £10 for the Carmine box including steam cream plus other goodies made much better sense!


Unfortunately, and to my to my surprise there was no steam cream included! What I actually received was a mixture of products from Dec, Jan and Feb! 
Products from February box

Products from previous boxes sent to me in February's box as an 'alternate' box



I feel very disappointed and let down that I have received the dregs left over from previous boxes and NOT the Feb box I was promised. Overall the products included a really great but the customer experience has not been so far and I still have to spend an extra £10 to go and buy the steam cream now!

I have complained to customer service and will keep you posted. I know a lot of people really love their beauty boxes but from the overall experience of the two I've tried so far I'm thinking that it's probably because they get theirs sent for free. I might even edit this later with a transcript of what Carmine say about my complaint as I think it's important that it's not only the products that are reviewed but the company and service as a whole. Some people will say it's only £10 per month but at the moment I'm trying not to spend so the company should feel like they have to treat me right to keep my business and if it comes to it my home insurance is only a little bit more than this per month an I think I know which I'd rather have!!

Lots of Love
Lauren
XxXxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...