Pages

Monday 27 February 2012

Pound Store Haul £$£$£$

I am trying really hard to get out of my overdraft (it's tough)! It's like your saving but for nothing because you're saving so you don't owe the bank money. I am living within my means but that just equates to always going back up to the same amount into my overdraft.

Anyway, I don't want to frighten you with my financial woes but in that theme of saving and thriftiness I recently visited the pound shop- which (I'm sure you don't need me to tell you) for Americans would be the dollar store. I actually found some pretty good things in the beauty section- small though it was!

I was after some new lip balm having previously used and loved Palmers cocoa butter lip balm. This balm is really creamy and smells lovely but I am the type of person that really likes to try out new products. The balm I ended up purchasing was actually a scrub and a balm (winter has not been kind to my lips and face) and so I leapt for this product.


 This is a two step system:


Step One: A cream with Vitimin C scrubbly bits in.

Step Two: A minty tingly balm to moisturise and     refresh.

I can't really feel the scrub bits in the cream but I do feel like it is smoothing out my lips and the balm feels really quite luxe. I have been using the scrub every few days and then just topping up with the balm. Not bad for £1!!

I also got some essentials- baby wipes for keeping me feeling refreshed and what can be better than strawberry scented Hello Kitty!!

I also  found these lovely nail art polishes.
I got a pink and a white, these were the only solid colours they had. All the other colours were glitter. The colour is shiny and nice and thick and comes with a really handy fine tip brush which is perfect for little details (I still need lots of practice though)!!
I'll let you know when I have mastered the art of erm nail art! Haha.

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of the nail art pens, bargain!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I couldn't resist! Even I'm managing so far and I odn't have the steadiest of hands. I'll put up some pics to show you. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment...