Pages

Saturday 9 June 2012

Are you a PC or a Mac?



Hello!

On  a recent weekend away I called off at York Designer Outlet and dragged my unsuspecting boyfriend to the CCO. This shop has some major discounts off premium brand make-up. Most of it seems last season/ going out of season which doesn't bother me in the slightest as I tend not to follow any kind of make-up trends in terms of colours etc.

I managed to stumble across some delicious MAC products. They had everything from foundation to lipstick, eyeshadows and skin finish. I chose two lovely products; the first being studio fix fluid for the bargainous £13.75. Now granted they only had 3 colours- two for much darker skin than mine and NW18. I haven't ever been colour matched at MAC so had no real idea other than I think I am more cool toned than warm. However, I have wanted to try this for a long time and couldn't see myself buying it as full price. On getting back to the car I couldn't wait to try it so put a little on my face to see how it looked and was pleasantly surprised when it evened my skin-tone in a natural way. Granted it is slightly too warm-toned for me, however I have no qualms about wearing this at all!


My next bargain was some Pro-longwear lipstick in the colour 'Love Forever'. This has amazing staying power and although it's not moisturising it doesn't cling to dry patches- it lasted me 5 hours on a night out drinking and only faded a little towards the centre of my lips but nothing too drastic! Whilst my Creme sheen in Shy Girl dries right up! Has anybody else tried these and found the same?

My only issue was I unknowingly got a little on my teeth which nobody pointed out to me until the end of the night! But that was my own fault for not doing the old finger in the mouth trick! But I can cope with even that for £11.95!!





Apologies for the blur!


 Has anyone else got any bargain make-up recently? These two are my new favourite products (I'm slowly adding to my MAC collection which so far totals 3 products)!!

Lots of Love
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...