Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

Avon Calling...

Hello there chums!

I have been waiting to show you my new nail polish (how sad)!! We've recently started having the Avon book delivered which I've not had for years and as expected I am very excited by it- cosmetics and skincare direct to my door and they always have some really good offers.

My first foray into Avon was when I was about 17 (though we'd always had it delivered when I lived with my parents I never really ordered anything noteworthy), to earn a bit of pocket money I became an Avon lady but, it was winter and the dark nights made me not want to go out to collect the books etc and I gave it up after a couple of months. The people who are delivering on my street at the moment seem to be an Avon couple, but I've only seen the male Avon lady so far.

My first delivery didn't get off to a great start as he delivered on Good Friday, whilst me and I'm sure a lot of other people were away for the weekend. He pushed a note through saying he'd be back the following day but we weren't back until the Sunday and so on his third attempt on bank holiday Monday he was successful. This is what I ordered.....
Tummy sucking in Jeggings

I also got a lavender colour

Good old shampoo and conditioner


I was most looking forward to the nail polish as I ordered the aqua colour and a lovely lavender.  I haven't tried the aqua yet but the lavender certainly hasn't disappointed. The colour is lovely- it did take two coats though but one week on I only have a few small chips to the edges. One thing I will say though is that I didn't like the brush. It made the application difficult and streaky. I kept getting big blobs of nail polish running down the sides of my nails (not something that normally happens when I apply nail varnish). However, a nice thick second coat and a glossy topcoat paid off and I love the colour!

These photos were taken after about 4 days so there is some slight wear, but I am not gentle with my hands!
I'm not too sure about the jeggings as they are more a lycra material than jegging so I might send them back but I need to try them on properly. The shampoo and conditioner smell lovely; flowery but fresh and I think they will be good for everyday use. It wasn't overly moisturising but I might try leaving the conditioner on for longer to see how that works.

Who else loves a bit of Avon shopping? I know you can but online but there's nothing like getting things brought to you and I don't think they have the same offers online!!

Bye for now!

Lots of Love
Lauren xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...